Food safety is a worldwide concern, not just in perspective of the significance for general wellbeing, additionally as the impact on its effect on global exchange. Globalization of food production and procurement makes food chains longer and more complex and increases the risk of food safety incidents. A number of food certifications are used across the globe to strengthen the food safety and quality of the finished product.
Food Safety system Certification 22000 (FSSC 22000) it is ISO based internationally, recognized certification scheme for ‘auditing and certification of food safety within the food and beverage manufacturing sector’.
FSSC 22000 uses the existing standards ISO 22000(Food Safety Management), ISO 22003 (Food safety management systems – Requirements for bodies providing audit and certification of food safety management systems) and technical specifications for sector prerequisite programs (PRPs), which were developed through wide and open consultation with a large number of related organizations. ISO 22000 certified manufacturers can obtain full Global Food Safety Initiatives (GFSI) recognized FSSC 22000 certification by meeting the requirements of technical specifications for sector PRPs and the additional scheme requirement.
What is FSSC 22000?
It is certification scheme which sets out the requirements for organizations to develop, implement and operate a GFSI recognized food safety management system. The FSSC 22000 certificate ensures that the food safety systems of such organizations are in full compliance with all the requirements.
The organization with an FSSC 22000 certified food safety system lies in the efforts made by the organization to maintain such system and its commitment to continuously improve its performance.
What is FSSC 22000 Apply for?
It is used for auditing and certification of food safety systems of organizations in the food chain which process or manufacture of:
- Perishable animal products
- Perishable vegetal products with long shelf life at ambient temperature
- It is applicable to all organizations in the food chain, regardless of size and complexity of the organization.
Benefits of FSSC 22000 Certification-
- It is ISO based, GFSI recognized supply chain approach.
- It gives the technical specification for pre-requisite programs.
- SO/IEC 17021 accreditation (system and process approach)
- Provides Stakeholder approval and commitment (industry, retailers, NGOs).
- It is an Independent scheme management.
- Transparency in the process.
- Non-profit management by the Foundation for Food Safety Certification.
- Also recognized by the European cooperation for Accreditation (EA).
Written By ~
Mtech(Food Safety And Quality Management)
Connect To Her :