Well, It’s almost around 12 months left for GATE 2018 and you must be wondering how should one prepare and what subjects to choose? We are here to give tips for gate food technology!
If yes, then follow the link to clear all your doubts. If still something is left, leave a comment we will soon try to figure it out.
GATE FOOD TECHNOLOGY
Tips for GATE FOOD TECHNOLOGY:
WE assume that you have become sincere and much more disciplined in past 3 years of college. Following months will be having chaos of campus placement, final year project submission and some corner of your heart will shout let’s make my CGPA better also. So be prepared for all these situations and any planning or strategy will not be executed to your potential level.
1.Do not just plan; develop habits. Habits will reduce your silly mistakes and will land you to 40 marks at least.
2.Previous year question banks solution can help you a lot while memorizing the things.
3.Handbooks/short notes are the things of the last couple of months.Similarly test series are the thing of last four months.
- Take the print out of syllabus and paste it somewhere you can see it before sleep and after waking up so that you can feel it.
- Start with the topics that are common with your college syllabus.
- Follow this pattern:
Feb – Aug: Focus on clearing the basic understanding of the concept that are linked with the syllabus.Unnecessary, topics won’t help. Stick to syllabus provided.
Sept – Dec: Start solving the previous year question papers and start solving the books mentioned below.Solve an exam atleast 4-5 times.
Dec/Jan: Revise with your notes and further you can give test series online anywhere.
- Food Microbiology– Fraizer ( This is the go to book for food microbiology for any post grad paper. Cram it up ! It will not disappoint you.
- Food Engineering– Introduction to food process Engineering by P.G. Smith
- Dairy Technology–
- Objective Food Science: You will find all the previous year question papers.
- Other books- ,
- Other study material- We would strongly suggest you study these notes from ANGRAU food technology website. Their study material in most of the food technology topics is excellent and to the point. You can download the pdfs from this link-
All The Best!