Nature has given the egg a natural package which is the shell. Despite its relative strength, the egg is an extremely
fragile product and even with the best handling methods, serious losses can result from shell damage. Most common way to protect it via Egg Trays and are rapidly used for whole egg storage and transportation. Egg Trays are often called filler trays and usually have 30 pockets i.e., they hold 30 eggs. Eggs are either sold uncovered in the tray or wrapped with plastic film. This article will revolve around egg tray making basically from waste paper or paper pulp.
Why Egg Tray Making Is Profitable
- Basic raw materials are the paper waste.
- Paper pulp is soft material but pulp molded products viz trays being an integrated structure have suitable rigidity, good flexibility, and stiffness which makes it a suitable package for shockproof performance.
- Egg storage needs good air-permeability and hygroscopic ability which is provided by this pulp trays.
- The addition of waterproof additives to the pulp imparts the waterproofing characteristics in the pulp molding products.
- No by-products
- Eco-Friendly Product
- Easy to recycle the damaged products
- Every poultry layer farms are your customer.
- No complex machinery involved.
Registration & License
To start an egg tray making business, you must obtain different registrations and licenses from Govt. authority. Check your state laws. Here, we have listed some of the basic requirements.
- Business registration with ROC. For a small unit, OPC is recommended. Otherwise, you can form Pvt. Ltd. or LLP Company.
- Obtain Trade License from local authority
- Apply for MSME Udyog AAdhaar online registration. (Optional)
- Apply for VAT registration
- Obtaining an ‘NOC’ from Pollution Control Board is highly recommended.
- Apply for BIS certification. There are no IS standards on pulp molded products. However, Bureau of Indian Standards has specified the following standards for paper and pulp based packaging materials and the test methods given in these specifications could be used for determining the performance parameters of pulp molded packages.
- IS 4006: Part 1,2,3 (1985) – Methods of test for paper and pulp based packaging materials
- IS 4261 (2001) – Glossary of terms relating to paper and pulp based packaging materials
- IS 4664 (1986) – Pulpboard
- IS 7028: Part 4 (1987) – Performance tests for complete, filled transport packages, vertical impact dropping test
- IS 15763 (2008) – Packaging – complete, filled transport packages and unit loads – vertical random vibration test.
Egg Tray Making Process & Raw Materials
Rotary molding machines can be used for the production of specific products in high volumes. Egg trays, fruit trays, and disposable service trays account for a major share of PMP production. Because of this reason, the rotary molding machines are extensively used globally over for production of these items.
1) Remove the dust and other undesired materials from the waste papers. Then cut the waste paper into pieces using a cutting machine. This can be done either manually or mechanically. Transfer the cut pieces to a beater. Add water to the beater to set in motion. After storing the pulp for some time, add Caustic soda (if needed). Now you can take the pulp to a dilution tank with the help of a pump. Finally, dilution happens with the addition of more water.
2) The molds are made of wood. A wire gauge mold is fixed at the bottom of the wooden vats. Stir the pulp solution continuously, the bottom of the mold is removed.
3)The water in the solution passes the mesh and comes out and the fibrous material deposits on the mesh evenly and takes up the shape of an egg tray.Dry the trays along with the wire mesh. Remove the wire mesh from the tray. Finally,cut the dried trays into desired sizes.
Some advanced machinery does all this job in the single go.
Egg Tray Making Video
This video will give you a better idea of process and a glimpse of machonery used.
Egg Tray Making Machinery
You can also purchase a fully-automatic machine to start this business. This type of machines include:
- The paper pulping system
The pulping system is mainly comprised of hydra pulpier, pulp pump, multi-function refiner machine, blender, control cabinet, etc. This process is designed to allow the waste paper turned into pulp.
- Forming system
This is primarily using the aluminum mold to absorb the pulp then molding the egg tray, by the vacuum pump. The blow molding technology is the key
- Drying system
You can customize the drying machine as single drying line or multi-layer drying line in according to your choice. Potential fuel options are diesel, natural gas, coal and electric. There must be an assistant drying road to recycling the tail gas after measure, the tail temperature is about 130.°C.
- Packing system
It including the stacking system and the counting system. You can have the automatic stacking and counting machine. It makes convenient for workers to packing the finished products.
A semi-automatic machine price starts from around Rupees 3 Lakh onwards.
Automatic machine price starts from Rupees 5 Lakh onwards.